Boris

Boris

Monday, August 26, 2013

Interview With A Carl


I've decided to interview everyone I know. I know Carl so let's interview him! Carl makes music, is an actor and eats dinner like a boss. I've always known Carl. Always being since 1994.






1. Tell us a little about yourself. Anything.

In 1976, something magical happened.....America's Bicentennial. I was also born that year.

2. What is your favorite horror film?

There are three that always stand out.
1) Night of the Living Dead
2) The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
3) The Shining
I go back and forth between the three, but at the moment, it would have to be Stanley Kubrick's masterpiece "The Shining". If you'll notice, I didn't credit Stephen King. His TV movie version was an unwatchable affair. On a sidenote, the new series based on one of his latter books should be titled "Under the Dumb".

3. Give me five other favorite horror films

1) Halloween
2) The Exorcist
3) Poltergeist
4) The Fog
5) Bad Boys

4. What is the best album of the 90's?

Radiohead-OK Computer is my final answer. The 90s had some great moments, some better memories, and music that I have chosen to ignore. The after-effects can be heard in a lot of the "modern" rock of today.


5. Why aren't you listening to Hello! This Is The Doomed show?

Because I'm in the middle of an interview, and God...and The Bible

6. What is your favorite giallo?

Four Flies on Grey Velvet

7. Favorite film monster? (werewolves, vampires, zombies, Kevin James, etc.)

The notion of a zombie apocalypse scares me the most, but Paul Blart Mall Cop scared the shit out of me. I haven't shopped since.

8. Favorite horror franchise?

This is a tough one. All franchises seem to spiral downwards, quickly. I'd have to say The Lord of the Rings.

9. Scariest film you have seen?

Okay-I'll be serious about this one....
When I was young, in the 1st grade, Poltergeist scared the shit out of me. We were new to HBO, and they played it all the time. One part in particular scared me so much that I couldn't watch it after the first viewing....the clown under the bed. I am not scared of clowns, but scared of people who like them.

10. 5 desert island albums?

1) Richie Hawtin "DE9-Closer to the Edit"
2) David Bowie "Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars"
3) Depeche Mode "Black Celebration"
4) Radiohead  "In Rainbows (special edition (that includes a rowboat, paddle, a surplus of food and water, and some serious will not to give up))
5) Ozzy Osbourne "Mama, I'm Coming Home"

11. What is your earliest horror film memory?

I remember watching this film in Georgia, 1981, and in the film someone was swimming in a pool that was  in the process of being covered. The swimmer was trapped. Later in the film, someone visited an old lady in a hospital who was on life support, but my impression was that she was already dead. The second part reminded me of an episode of The New Twilight Zone. It was called Grandma.  don't know the film's name, still. I've gone back several times to make sense of this obviously fractured memory. No dice (or definite answers) as of yet. Maybe I should go to Vegas. I hear people find answers there.

12. How many times have you seen Friday The 13th Part 2?

This is my favorite installment. I have seen it maybe 50 times? My favorite Jason kill is in this one-the guy in the wheelchair, dying all the way down that unnecessarily long flight of steps. Jason killed him because he was a lazy asshole. Just get up and walk like the rest of us.

13. Scarier Sam Neill film: In The Mouth Of Madness or Event Horizon?

This is an excellent question. Both of these films freaked me to the point of bewilderment. I had to take the rest of the day/night off from life after each one's initial viewing. If I had to choose, I would choose Event Horizon. It surprised me, because I usually view Sci Fi/Horror as less scary. In the Mouth of Madness is still one of my favorites though. The scariest part is the seriously dated soundtrack...hahaha

14. What horror film should they never ever remake?

The Lawnmower Man

15. Rosemary's Baby or The Omen?

Definitely The Omen. I did love Rosemary's Baby, and still do, but The Omen has a more immediate menace to it. I love art, and respect it, but give me the visceral experience first (in a horror film).

16. Argento or Fulci?

I will take Fulci.
I have loved everything he's done....especially City of the Living Dead

17. Black glove killer or madman with an axe?

T.P. (Madman reference-Brad)

18. Do you like Dr. Pepper?

23 flavors of glorious, born in America? Yeah, it's pretty good. I just drank the diet version, which has 10 flavors. Unfortunately, one of those flavors is most likely prolonged cancer.

19. If you could watch a horror film right now what would it be?


You're Next......muahahaaha

No comments:

Post a Comment